One Pot Cajun Chicken and Sausage Alfredo Pasta
Prep Timt: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Yields: 8-10 Servings
- 4 tablespoons or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound or chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz. smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 quart of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 pound of dried penne pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning plus more for topping
- 4 oz. of freshly shrtedded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup or Italian leaf parsley, minced
1. Start with a large covered cooking pot.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil over medium high heat.
3. Add sausage and continue to cook until lightly browned.
4. Stir in garlic and cook for for about two minutes.
5. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, dried pasta and cajun seasoning to pot.
6. Stir together and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
7. Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for 15-20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
8. Remove pot from heat and stir in parmcsan cheese.
9. Stir in chopped parsley and sprinkle with additional cajun seasoning to taste.